Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 19

Hi,
Welp, another easy-ish day. I still have not gone grocery shopping so it made breakfast interesting. Lunch was easy, i just went to albertsons and bought some fruit and yogurt and string cheese and a healthy choice meal. That was lunch and afternoon snacks... I had enough snacks that I wasn't very hungry for dinner. I did stop at chick fil a and got a yogurt and a DDP. (i eat a lot of yogurt... )
I am getting to the point where I don't think about food very much... well, AS much. It is easier to make smarter food choices. I still want a milkshake ALL the time, but it is easier to say no.... to everything that I shouldn't have. I don't always say no, yet, I am getting better, but so far I have stayed within my daily calorie limits. What I have learned is that when I make better food choices and get the calories from better sources of food, I feel much better. It doesn't surprise me, it is just something i have to be reminded of while going through the process. Experience seems to be the best teacher in my life.


I am trying to appreciate the easy days, because I know that it won't be that way every day. Luckily there are things in my every day life that i am learning to appreciate more and that I am learning to let the positive thing replace the negative things. I love the people I work with... I am generally hesitant to hang out with people from work (i am careful with who gets to become a part of my personal life) but these people are such a fun, caring group of people. Going to work knowing that I have them as entertainment and support makes this easier. I have really been lucky to have them in my life. I am also still bust with school (meh) My newest project, well... not newest, but time again for... I am a team captain for Relay for Life. For those of you not familiar with it, it is a fundraising/memorial event done by the American Cancer Society. My first time being involved was last year. I really enjoyed being a part of something that felt so worth while. I originally got involved because someone incredibly close to me was diagnosed with cancer and is still working on getting it out of his system. (He starts radiation Monday, I am anxious for this to work. I would like for him to be around for a few more years, at least) Being a part of the relay helps me to focus on getting things together so that it can be successful and so my team can raise more money than last year... I know some of you may feel it is a long shot, but every penny raised brings us closer to a cure. That is more important to me than ever. 


I got off track a little.... having these side projects not only helps me to stay busy and focused on something other than food, but it is helping to restore me self esteem and feeling of self worth. Today was a good day. even though i am still fat, I felt really great about myself. I want that feeling to last. I am getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment