Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 16

I am very tired, so this will be a short one.
New challenge today... going out with friends. i went out with a friend and his wife tonight to dinner and a movie. Movie, no big deal. I usually just get a drink. Diet Dr. Pepper. (or Diet Coke if DDP isn't available)
The challenge is dinner. I think I did ok. Then I got home and checked the nutritional value for the restaurant. I thought getting a dish that was mainly veggies and salmon, I was good. ...wait...
OH! heh! I looked at the wrong thing! I am good! Whew! Still, what I learned today is to know where I am going and look at the menu/nutritional values first. That way I will have something in mind when I get there. The decision is made before so I don't have to guess.
On a side note, what i love most about limes is the way my hands smell after squeezing them into my drink or on food. I love the smell of limes.
I am feeling a little better than yesterday. For those of you who do read this, I hope I am not leaving the impression that I am Debbie Downer. I am actually a very positive person, and like myself. When it comes to this one aspect of my life, I struggle to find a place where I am comfortable. That is, in part, why I am doing this. Therapy has helped, but I feel this is the best way for me to take control of it. To make it mine, and create my own success. Part of that is laying all my feelings out there and when it comes to my weight, there is a lot of hurt, anger, frustration, and sadness. I am confident that this time next year, that will have improved drastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment